Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Pecans
In the video that accompanies this blog, I use the following:
1 stick butter, melted in microwave in large-ish bowl
equal measures of flour and sugar (about a cup)
2 eggs. (I've made this with 1 egg and it's ok)
about a teaspoon of baking soda
sprinklings of salt
3 bananas (you could also add peeled apples or other fruit or even 4 bananas...2 bananas ends up being a little low on the bananas)
vanilla. A splash. I used a cap in the video, but I've just poured some in, too, and it really helps the flavor.
pecans (about half the measure of flour, but more is also good; walnuts also taste good in this.)
choc chips (about the same measure as flour)
Throw all but the pecans and chocolate into the bowl with softened/melted butter. Beat with a mixer, then spoon in the nuts and chips.
Pour into a greased and floured 8x8 pan. (Loaf pan is not so good -- it doesn't cook as well)
325 degrees for 50 minutes. If you use smaller containers, it will cook more quickly. It will turn a lovely deep brown on top, it will leave the sides of the pan, and it will bounce back when you poke at it.
I just made this dish but with 2 soft bananas and some cubed (and peeled) apples and no chocolate. I put it in an 8x8 inch pan for 50 minutes. It was great!
ReplyDelete